A. General Description
• A two-year warranty is provided as standard on all Teka appliances.
• The warranty commences on the date of purchase by the end-consumer – where the appliance is part of a fitted kitchen installation, the date of purchase
is the date of completion and hand-over of the kitchen.
• Documentary PROOF OF PURCHASE must be shown to the visiting engineer before any service work covered by the warranty can be undertaken.
• Where an appliance fault or failure is proven, the warranty covers the repair or replacement of the appliance.
• In all cases, the manufacturer reserves the right to inspect the appliance and to repair where it is feasible and practical to do so.
• Where repair or replacement is deemed not possible or viable, and subject to manufacturer and retailer agreement, a refund may be offered.
B. Covered by Warranty
• Any electrical or mechanical part(s) supplied with or as part of the appliance other than those excluded below.
• Parts that are supplied or replaced at any time, whether in or out of the manufacturer’s warranty period, are supplied with a separate 12 month parts only
C. NOT Covered by Warranty
• Furniture or cabinet work, door facings, plinths, etc. surrounding or attached to the appliance.
• Any consumable or renewable item that has a limited life, such light bulbs (other than in microwave ovens and other appliances where special equipment
is required to access the bulb).
• Items that can break in the normal course of use and wear, such as oven trays and shelves, fridge and freezer drawers, dishwasher baskets, etc. other
than where the fault is due to an obvious and visible manufacturing defect.
• Parts that are broken or impaired as a result of accidental damage or improper use, e.g.: oven door glasses that shatter due to scratches from tools, rings,
abrasive cleaning agents, etc. oven facias that peel or discolour due to grilling with the oven door open (some models) stainless steel hobs that discolour due
to hotplate/burner operation without a pan or utensil (the above are illustrative examples only and do not comprise an exhaustive or definitive list).
• Damage caused as a result of incorrect installation, e.g. laundry appliances where the transit bolts/bars are not removed dishwashers where the drain
connection is not cut or where there is back-filling from a sink drain electrical appliances rated at 13 amp or higher with a lower rated fuse refrigeration
appliances with inadequate cabinet ventilation resulting in premature compressor wear (the above are illustrative examples only and do not comprise an
exhaustive or definitive list).
• Costs of service engineer attendance where they report ‘No appliance fault”, e.g.: no evidence of the alleged or reported fault despite adequate and
thorough testing dishwashers not cleaning correctly where incorrect salt, no salt and/or no rinse-aid are used laundry appliance with blockages caused
by coins, paper or other foreign matter (the above are illustrative examples only and do not comprise an exhaustive or definitive list).
• Damage caused by abuse (e.g. use of the appliance for a purpose other than that for which it was designed or intended).
• Commercial use (e.g. in schools, hotels and guest houses, etc.) of appliances designed, intended and sold for domestic use only.
• Damage caused by incorrect/inappropriate handling or transportation. Damage sustained during transportation and delivery from the manufacturer or its
agent must be reported within the stipulated reporting period – a damaged appliance must not be installed.
• Consequential loss or damage resulting from an appliance fault or failure, e.g.: loss of foodstuffs in refrigeration appliances damage to or loss of clothing
in laundry appliances damage to floors, furniture, etc. from water leaks or fire from any electrical or gas appliance (the above are illustrative examples only
and do not comprise an exhaustive or definitive list).
• IF IN ANY DOUBT, PLEASE CHECK BEFORE CONFIRMING A SERVICE VISIT WITH OUR ENGINEER
• CALL-OUT CHARGES, WHERE APPLICABLE, MUST BE PAID EVEN WHERE NO WORK IS DONE.